Our price for lion hunting packages include the following:
3 Nights’ accommodation for the hunter.
2 Days Hunting
The trophy fee of the lion that was booked.
Trophy fees for 1 x Male Lions
All food, non-alcoholic drinks and refreshments.
Hunting vehicle and fuel for 6 days.
Trackers, skinners, cook, camp staff.
Washing is done daily.
Field preparation (skinning and salting of trophies) included.
Extra Professional hunter included.
All necessary paperwork like PH registers, transport permit to your taxidermist.
Taxidermist will then apply for CITIES permit and export documentation.
PACKAGE RATE EXCLUDES:
- Any animals not mentioned in the inclusions
- Accommodation before and after hunting period
- All commercial International or domestic flights
- Observer fees - (Observer fees charged extra @ USD150 per person per day)
- Dipping, packaging and shipping of skins and horns to hunter’s final destination
- All taxidermist costs
- The meat of the animals hunted
- Rifles and ammunition, but hunters may hire them @ 50 USD per day (the price excludes ammunition)
- Ammunition is charged @ USD 10 per round.
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Staff gratuities
Charter flights; (Extra)
Charter Flight Costs (Return Flight)
- 1 x Hunter = USD 2,400
- 2 x Hunters = USD 1,200 per hunter
- 3 x Hunters = USD 800 per hunter
- 4 x Hunters = USD 600 per hunters
- USD 200 per observer per night
Panthera leo is the king of beasts and a male lion weighs an average of 220 kilograms with the female tipping the scales at an average of a 160 kilograms. A male lion stands an average of 4 feet high at the shoulder and is about 10 feet from muzzle to tail. A lion charge is notoriously hard to stop and when wounded a lion will into an almost unstoppable force intent on retribution upon the individula responsible.
ITINERARY FOR HUNT
This morning you drive by car or fly from Johannesburg by Charter plane (Extra Costs to your hunting farm in the Kalahari. Upon landing at the airstrip on the farm you are collected and driven to the lodge. After settling in we go to the rifle range to zero the rifles.
After the session on the range you spend the rest of the day getting to know the hunting area.
You will spend the day hunting for Lion
You will spend the day hunting for Lion.
This morning after breakfast you are transferred back to Johannesburg by car or charter plane.
End of our services!
Rifles in 375 are the legal minimum for hunting Lion in most African countries. A 375 cannot always be guaranteed to reliably stop Lions with the first shot, so if you have something larger that you can shoot accurately without being intimidated by its recoil it will be the better choice. When following up a wounded Lion be aware that they are ambush animals and will lie in wait for their pursuers when wounded. When attacking the hunting party they will single out one member of the party and do their utmost to vent their anger on that individual. These lion charges are extremely difficult to stop and a large calibre rifle ideally in the double rifle configuration will most probably be the most effective weapon in such a scenario.