Terms & Conditions for Hunting
Terms and Conditions
Intellectual Property Rights - All the content on the site of Genesis African Safaris including text, logos, icons, designs, layout graphics, and trademarks belong to Genesis African Safaris and is protected as such by Intellectual Property Laws valid in South African and internationally.
The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf
Disclaimer - Genesis African Safaris a to provide aims to provide accurate, updated and correct information on this site, we however do not give any guarantees whatsoever, regarding the operation of the site, the information, content, materials and products included and available from this site. Genesis African Safaris will not be held liable for any damage of whatever nature resulting from the use of the information or inability to use the information on this site. This disclaimer includes but is not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and punitive damage. Due to the different seasonal price variations our rates are purely an indication, we do our utmost to maintain the accuracy these rates butt they are purely indicative and can be subject to change.
Agreement - Genesis African Safaris uses this site as an invitation to do business it is however not an offer to do business. We will only indicate acceptance to do business with you once we return your mail. Genesis African Safaris acts as an agent for business partners we do business with. Any agreement resulting from the acceptance of a booking is deemed to be an agreement between the relevant business partner / supplier and the client (you).
Editorial Control - This website contains content provided by third parties and hyperlinks to other sites. Genesis African Safaris does not screen or filter content or information from the other sites and will not accept any liability for defamatory, illegal or criminal content contained on those sites. Please report any infringement, illegal or criminal content found on any of the sites to us in order for us to investigate whether we should remove the offending sites.
Applicable Law – The website of Genesis African Safaris is created, maintained and controlled in the Republic of South Africa and the laws of the Republic of South Africa and the jurisdiction of the South African Court govern user agreements emanating from this site as well as the use or inability to use this site. In all matters where it may be necessary to have recourse to the court the prevailing laws of the Republic of South Africa and the courts of the Republic of South Africa will have the sole jurisdiction in such matters. No court of any other country whatsoever shall be accepted as having any jurisdiction in such matters and the laws of South Africa shall prevail.
Change to User Agreement - The owner of Genesis African Safaris reserves the right to make changes to this user agreement and website at any time without notice.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
• In order to confirm a reservation, we at Genesis African Safaris require payment of a 30% deposit by you. We also require a completed and signed booking form together with the specified deposit per person travelling. Please note that if your holiday includes certain upmarket safari destinations or luxury trains, we will require a larger deposit which will be requested from you in our proposal to you.
• Deposits and invoices may be charged in an alternative currency (e.g. US Dollars) depending on which currency our suppliers invoice us in.
• Failure to pay the 30% deposit will result in your reservation automatically being cancelled.
• The full balance of payment is required 8 weeks (60 days) prior to the commencement date of your holiday/safari.
• Bookings made within 8 weeks (60 days) prior to the commencement of your holiday/safari are subject to full prepayment at the time of confirming the reservation.
• Please note that should you have been quoted in foreign currency and wish to pay with a credit card, your quoted amount will be converted to South African Rand prior to the transaction being processed. This is due to foreign exchange regulations by the South African Reserve Bank. The rate of exchange on the day that the transaction is processed will be used to determine the equivalent Rand amount with any resulting foreign exchange differences or bank charges being for the client’s account.
• The South African Reserve Bank prohibits South African companies from taking foreign credit card payments and keeping the payment in foreign currency.
• The payment has to be converted to South African Rand before it is credited to the recipient.
• Clients are welcome to settle payment by means of a bank transfer. When following this route the invoice amount will be converted by your bankers on the presentation of our invoice. It is the client’s responsibility to instruct their bank that the net invoice amount must equal the funds clearing into the Genesis African Safaris account.
• All bank charges will be for the client’s own account.
Flights and Payment of flights
• In case of flights being booked and confirmed by Genesis African Safaris for the client, we will require payment by credit card due to the time delay of securing funds to us when paying by bank transfer.
• Genesis African Safaris will also require a copy of all passengers’ passports as airlines require the full names of passengers as printed on the passports and will not accept changes once tickets are issued.
• Genesis African Safaris accepts no responsibility for incorrect passport numbers or incorrect spelling of full names.
• Please ensure that you provide the correct detailed information to Genesis African Safaris.
Making changes to a confirmed booking:
• Once your booking has been confirmed, changes to the existing booking (if it is possible to make changes) will be charged an administration fee of not less than R400 per alteration plus any additional costs charged by airlines or suppliers.
• Alterations within 60 days of departure may also be subject to the cancellation charges set out below.
• No refund is possible for any unused services provided in the cost of the holiday.
• If you decide to alter your travel arrangements whilst abroad, this entirely your responsibility and Genesis African Safaris cannot be held responsible for any extra costs that may arise from these changes.
• Should you, or any member of your party, cancel your holiday after confirmation, this cancellation must be confirmed in writing by the person who signed the booking form. A cancellation charge, calculated on the basis set out below, will be payable by the client.
• Late payment of the balance of the cost of your holiday may also result in cancellation charges being applied.
• If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
• Should one or more members of a party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of the remaining members.
• If a member of your party is prevented from travelling, but you wish to transfer the arrangements to another person, cancellation fees will not be charged but both the original client and his replacement will be liable for the additional costs involved in transferring to booking to the new client. Please note these charges may be quite high. Reasonable notice of such a change must be given and it depends whether it possible to book a new airline seat in the replacement name.
• Cancellation prior to 8 weeks of travel - Full 30 % deposit is forfeited
• Cancellation 8 – 4 weeks prior to travel - 50% of total cost is forfeited
• Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to travel - 100% of total cost is forfeited
• The sole responsibility lies with the client to ensure that you carry correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover yourself and any dependents/travelling companions for the duration of your trip to Africa.
• This insurance should include cover in cancellation of curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage/theft/loss of personal baggage, money and goods, but should not limited to these scenarios.
• Genesis African Safaris you to give the particulars of your travel insurance to us, including the insurance contact phone number.
• We do not guarantee to check the details of your travel insurance.
• Genesis African Safaris and agents will not be liable for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by the client with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
• You will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services that you require, and may find yourselves in a position unable to access such services should you not be carrying the relevant insurance.
Passports and Children – When traveling to Southern Africa make sure you have at least two consecutive blank pages in your passport which lie side by side when the passport is open (i.e. a left and a right hand page). If you do not comply with these requirements you will either be stopped from boarding the aircraft or will risk deportation on arrival in Southern Africa. Parents traveling with children, without the other parent present will need a letter of consent certified by the police from the absent parent.
If we make changes to or cancel your holiday/safari:
• We undertake not to make any changes to your confirmed holiday, but unfortunately we will occasionally need to make changes, which we reserve the right to do at any time.
• Most of these changes are minor, and we will advise you, or your travel agent, as soon as is reasonably possible.
• In cases where refunds are applicable, Genesis African Safaris will refund the client within 30 days.
Payment Options Accepted
Payment may be made via credit cards or by direct bank transfer into the Genesis African Safaris bank account, the details of which will be provided on our confirmation invoice.
• Contact us for bank transfer details.
• Contact us for Pay Pal details.
• We charge no surcharges for credit card payments but we do give a 2.5 % discount for payments made via direct transfers into our account, as credit card costs are expensive in Africa.
Transaction Currency - The merchant country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. The transaction Currency is ZAR (South African Rand). Even if we invoice you in Dollars, this transaction will be converted into ZAR at the transaction day’s rate of exchange.
Travel Documents - Once you have made your final payment, we will email your travel documents to you. Make sure that you have received your documentation before you leave on your holiday. Domestic flight tickets, if applicable, will be given to you on arrival in Southern Africa. It is the clients responsibility to ensure that you have all the necessary travel documents and tickets in your possession including passport, insurance policy, visas and medical certificates. You are responsible to ensure that your passport and visas are valid for the countries you are about to visit. Genesis African Safaris and our suppliers cannot be held liable for any visas and other documentation not held by you. It is also your responsibility to have the recommended injections prior to travelling in Southern Africa. It is also your responsibility to take the anti-malarial prophylactics to be commenced prior to your arrival in Africa, if you are travelling to a malaria area. The names listed on your confirmation invoice will appear on your airline tickets and they must match the name(s) on your passport(s). It is your responsibility to ensure they match and are correct. If you are changing your name, please ensure that it is the name on your passport that appears on your flight tickets. Failure to comply may result in amendment fees or the cancellation of your flight tickets.
Your holiday cost - Genesis African Safaris reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of safaris and holidays quoted this website at any time. The price of your safari/holiday will be confirmed at the time of booking. These prices will be based on prevailing exchange rates and airfares rates and the price is confirmed upon booking, we will do our utmost to keep to this price. Should increases be forced on us by airlines, exchange rate fluctuations, government action such as an increase in Value Added Tax, bed levies or any other Government-imposed increases, we reserve the right to charge a surcharge up to a maximum of 10% of the total tour price, without prior notice.
- Genesis African Safaris shall not be liable for any damage, losses and expenses suffered by any client as a result of sickness, weather, quarantine regulations, political unrest including strikes, war or any other actions beyond our control.
- Genesis African Safaris accepts no liability in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to person or property arising out of any act, omission or negligence on behalf of the client or suppliers booked through us.
- Upon booking with Genesis African Safaris the client agrees to waive all right or claims he/she might have under which the client may be entitled to under the provisions of the law of the Republic of South Africa for any loss or damage to person or property.
- Genesis African Safaris shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, shall particularly not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions contained in this website or other literature, loss or damage caused by delays, sickness, theft, injury or death, whether occasioned by negligence or not.
- Genesis African Safaris retains the right at any time at its own discretion to cancel any tour or the remainder thereof or make any alterations in route, accommodation, price or other details in the event of any tour being compromised or made impossible to complete or start complete due to illegal activities by clients or the tour becoming inadvisable by weather, strike, war, government interference or any other causes whatsoever. Extra expenses incurred as a result thereof shall be the responsibility of the client and not Genesis African Safaris.
- Genesis African Safaris may at its discretion and without liability to itself, cancel or terminate the client’s booking at any time and will be entitled to do so in the event of the illness or illegal or incompatible behavior of the client. The client will not be entitled to any refund in such a case.
- The client making the booking will, by the making of such booking, warrant that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of the other person/s included in such a booking. The client responsible will in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons, so included to make payment assume personal liability of the total price of all bookings made by him/her.
Flight delays and changes to routings - Sometimes changes to airlines, aircraft types or routings become necessary. Flight times are the responsibility of the carriers and cannot be guaranteed as they may be affected by operating conditions such as adverse weather conditions, need for constant maintenance or air traffic control procedures. Genesis African Safaris has no control over these changes and will not be held responsible for flight delays or their results, including the consequent amendment or curtailment of planned itineraries. Carriage by air is always subject to the airline’s conditions of carriage and is governed by international convention, which may limit liability in respect of claims for injury, delay and loss of baggage. In the event of delayed departure, the airlines concerned will be held responsible for making any necessary arrangements regarding refreshments and overnight accommodation in the event of lengthy delays. If these delays lead to onward flight connections being missed, the carrier is not responsible for any costs involved or for any unused holiday services although they might offer a remedy subject to the conditions of carriage. Aircraft types are occasionally changed without advance warning by airlines and flights operated to destination countries may be provided by charter airlines. Where we are advised of such a change then we will do our best to advise you or your travel agent beforehand. We advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance which includes compensation for flight delays.
Complaints - Genesis African Safaris undertakes to give you the best holiday experience of your life but even the best programs can sometimes go wrong. In the event of a problems arrising whilst you are traveling with us in Africa contact us immediately and inform the property/supplier where the problem originated. We will then be able to contact the supplier and inform them so they can correct the problem to avoid your holiday being spoiled. If the matter is not resolved immediately, send us the details of your complaint in writing within 28 days of your return from your holiday/safari.
It is a condition of this contract that you communicate any problems to the relevant institutions while on tour with us. If you or you fail do this we will not accept responsibility as will not have been given the opportunity to investigate
Resort Facilities & Seasonal influences - Early and late in the season some tourist facilities may not operate at their optimum and maintenance work can affect the availability of certain amenities. Public holidays and religious festivals throughout the year may have an impact on the atmosphere of a given destination and the reliability of shops, banks and other facilities. These are factors beyond our control and we cannot be held liable for this.
Wild Animals - Although attacks by wild animals are rare you will be in close proximity to wild animals, who are able to wander through the unfenced camps at all times of the day and night. We and our suppliers cannot guarantee attacks won’t happen and we cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injury during safari.
Why we collect information and what we do with it - When you make a holiday enquiry, we need to know personal information such as your name, email address, address and telephone details. The information you provide is used to process and fulfill your specific request and to communicate with you about your enquiry. The information is only used process your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner like adding you to one our mailing lists. The contact form on our website provides a check box asking you for permission to add you to our mailing lists. This is an opt-in mailing list and your personal information will be used solely by Genesis African Safaris to notify you about special offers, news and important developmentsor to invite you to give us feedback. If you have asked us not to, we will not contact you for these or any other reason unless it is connected with your booking. Every email message we send you will contain full instructions on how to opt out. We will not pass on your personal details to any third party other than those directly involved in the fulfillment of your travel arrangements. Please note airlines do need personal information so we will not give it to them. This site contains links to other sites that we are not partnered with Genesis African Safaris is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Company Information - this website is run by Genesis African Safaris (PTY) LTD based in South Africa trading as Genesis African Safaris with registration number 2012/151326/07 and DC Jacobs as owner and sole director.
Genesis African Safaris contact details
Support: +  (0) 83 953 7357
Cookie/Tracking Technology - The Site may use cookie and tracking technology to gather information such as browser type and operating system and tracking the number of visitors to the Site. Cookies enable us to understand the way visitors use this site and help us customize the Site for better use by visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies can be tied to such information. Cookie and aggregate tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information - Information can be supplied to governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation of fraud .
We may do so when:
• We are required by to by law.
• Preventing actual or potential fraud and unauthorized transactions
• Investigating fraud which has already taken place.
• This information will not be used for marketing purposes.
Our Commitment to your Data Security – Personal information is kept secure. Only authorized agents and contractors, who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential, have access to your information.
Your consent - By booking with Genesis African Safaris you agree to the collection and use of the information you provide solely for the purposes of making your booking.
Genesis African Safaris reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be listed on this page.